Friday, September 24, 2010

Furniture on your fingertips


I am not very good at writing good headlines so please bear with me. Anyhow, I know that the whole buying stuff online hasn't picked up that much in India. But I am a really strong propagator of the whole e-commerce business. Infact, whenever the entrepreneur in me rises (before it sleeps again) I always plan of stuff on the internet. I strongly believe in its potential. I understand that buying furniture online is a tough proposition to sell to any customer in India as furniture shopping is quite personal. However, I feel that you can gradually start by checking out catalogs and stuff online as it can help you a lot in your research for furniture shopping before indulging into an impulsive purchase at a physical furniture showroom. And then once you know enough about the brand may be you can place your order online for some designs that you instantly like on the web. There are some good options. Wotsay?

Some of the interesting Indian online furniture shops I found include www.inliving.com (Gurgaon) and www.designstoreonline.com (Bangalore, Chennai and Coimbatore). Both are really easy to navigate and exhaustive . I quite like them. Then there some of those online antique furniture sites which are basically targeted at ripping off the firangs so not exactly useful.
There are of course your usual ebays and indiatimes for online auctions.Do update if there are other good online furniture shopping options that I have missed out.

Surprisingly, none of the biggies (Lifestyle, @home, Durian etc) have the option to buy furniture online. They have got their online catalogs but you can buy stuff.
¨

5 comments:

  1. Great ,today online furniture is so populated.......thanks for sharing it with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Furniture are designed to make you feel like you're in the office when you are at home is called home office furniture.

    office furniture uk & office reception furniture

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. This is a cool site and I wanted to post a little note to tell you, good job! Best wishes!!!


    Caster Wheel Manufacturer & Heavy Duty Casters Low Profile

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purchasing furniture online are very easy way to choose you best one from thousand design. Checkout my favorite design that i choose from internet. Hope you also like it.
    Office Reception Desks & Boardroom Tables.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This word is write dear. "Furniture on your fingertips" with the help of Internet.
    Buy Office Furniture Online & Office Refurbishment London

    ReplyDelete